Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The trailer outtakes

I almost forgot that I promised a couple of days ago to write about where else I'd seen footage from Jailhouse Rock not included in the film. Today I remembered, so this evening I studied the movie trailer, because that's where it is.

After viewing the two and a half minutes of it a couple of times I can safely say there are three scenes that not made it to the final cut. These are:

1. A prison guard punching Elvis when there's trouble in the cantina. I bet the actor, who's face is clearly seen, was kind of disappointed when he watched the movie and wasn't in it. I sure would be!

2. Elvis trashing his guitar after singing "Young and Beautiful" to a not too enthusiastic audience at the La Florita club. In the movie Elvis takes a swing at the table in front of the guy who laughs like a horse, in the trailer he hits the seat behind him.

3. Elvis being untied after the whipping. You can see him clenching his fists and then going after the warden.

So there you have it, some more alternate footage from one of Elvis best films. You can watch the trailer here and see for yourself. And while you're at it, maybe you can help me out and take a look at some of the other 31 trailers and tell me if they also include alternate or unused scenes.

No comments: