Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Something from Elvis wardrobe for me

I'm finally the proud owner of a piece of Elvis clothing. Last week the 4 LP set Elvis: The Other Sides - Worldwide Gold Award Hits, Vol. 2 I ordered a while back finally arrived, and with it the bonus envelope containing a swatch of Elvis wardrobe. This is what it looks like:

Maybe it's a bit silly, but to me the little green piece of cloth is fascinating. Even though there is no guarantee that Elvis wore the thing, it's genuine and once belonged to him.

Is it part of a shirt, a jacket or a pair or trousers? Who knows, but I admit browsing through some of my Elvis books looking for a match, but, not very surprisingly, finding nothing.

Unfortunately there is a downside to Elvis discarded clothing being cut up as souvenirs for the LP set released back in 1971. As a lot of it was from the 50's that means not much of the clothes from the early career is left. You can read about it here.

Despite this, I'm happy for my tiny piece of Elvis wardrobe. I can assure you I will take good care of it.

2 comments:

single wardrobe said...

Wow! Just discovered your blog and I am amazed at your vision!

dog_film said...

I have had this record collection with piece of shirt since release. I have never seen another on for example ebay. For insurance only as would never part with. How much is something like this worth, please?