Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

Something from Elvis wardrobe

Right now there's an original Elvis jumpsuit on sale on eBay. It's called the Turquoise Suit and was worn by Elvis on stage in the summer of 1973. The starting bid is US $22 000, and the auction stops on the 13th of November.

I've always thought it would be really cool to own something Elvis actually wore, and what would be greater than a jumpsuit? But I for one haven't got the kind of money it takes and even if I did, I guess the suit in question would be better of in a museum.

So what to do? Well, I remember when I was just a kid and a neighbour showed me his 4 LP set Elvis: The Other Sides - Worldwide Gold Award Hits, Volume 2 (that title just takes the cake, doesn't it?).

I was fascinated with the piece of Elvis' clothing that was included as a bonus, as was my brother. "It smells of Elvis," he said and buried his nose in the tiny cloth that was cut from Elvis discarded clothing back in 1971.

Be that as it may, I've never gotten around buying the LP set, only the 25th anniversary 2 CD set. So today I made a search on eBay, found a copy that was sold for a fixed buy-it-now price and bought it. Pretty soon I will own something from Elvis wardrobe. It may not be a jumpsuit, but it will be enough for me.

No comments: