Pages

Friday, October 5, 2007

Round and around it goes

The last couple of days I've been humming the song "Kismet" to myself over and over. Would you believe the reason for that is a Finnish chocolate bar?

You see, this week I went to Helsinki for a vacation. My first day in the capital I visited the supermarket and that's where I spotted it, near the check-out counter. A chocolate bar that the manufacturer had named - yeah, you guessed it - "Kismet".

I didn't buy it, but that didn't help. On my way back I started singing to myself: "When two hearts stand still, it's destiny's will, it's kismet" and the other lines I remembered from this "Harum Scarum" number.

It's funny how a certain song can get stuck in your memory. This one certainly did in mine and I've found myself humming it from time to time for days now. I just can't seem to get it out of my mind.

Can't blame the company behind the chocolate bar, though. The fact that an Elvis Presley movie song could be associated with one of their products must be something that never entered their mind.

And I guess it could have been worse. What if they'd named the chocolate bar "Confidence", for example?


No comments: